You just picked up a new PC and realize that you have absolutely NO FUN
FONTS on your computer. You scroll up, you scroll down… and nothing…
just Times New Roman and a neverending string of blah styles.
It’s a good thing that 1001freefonts.com
is here to cure your designs of BLAHfontitis. The site is entirely
free and has fonts for both Mac and PC. You’ll find yourself pouring
over pages upon pages of fonts categorized by font name or style.
These fonts are provided free of charge for you to download, or you can
order the full font package for about 20 bucks.
To install a font on the PC, use the following steps:
- create a folder on your desktop called fonts
- open up 1001freefonts.com
- browse the fonts until you find one you like
- click on the download link right of the font
- save the file to the folder you created
- rinse/repeat till you are done downloading
- use WINRAR to extract the files to your folder
- delete the fluff files (any files that are not a font)
- cut/copy/paste your files to c:\windows\fonts
- test your fonts by opening your word processor or graphics editor