Alright, so after moving last week, here are just a few travel tips:
- Before you do anything, call up your ISP and arrange to have your service transferred AT LEAST a week in advance.
- Check with your ISP and check to see if you will receive the same quality of service.
- When looking at your new place, take a look around and plan out wiring and wireless. Take into account signal loss between vertical floors and across your house.
- Since you already have everything out, take some time to give it a good scrub, or blow it out with an air can.
- Now that you are ready to pack up your stuff, make sure that you put ALL your cables in one place and wrap them up neatly, a little work now will pay off huge later.
- After you get everything hooked up, wait a day or two before zip-tying all of your cables together. You’re in a new space, and you might want to re-arrange your workspace.